suggestion

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Logic

Reaction score
I have been lurking for few weeks, I already have made five posts that haven't been provided a Yes by moderators. My suggestion is to remove that as its pointless other than to block potential spammers you rarely have

You have no idea of the spammers we get! It's not rare at all.

I know the approval system can be a bit irritating, but the forum would be unusable within a couple of hours without it, believe me!

i am forced to believe you as your a mod :)

but how come my other posts didn't get posted or "approved"

I didn't realise posts had to be approved. I just assumed they were deleted if they didn't meet forum standards.

You have no idea of the spammers we get! It's not rare at all.
I have a good idea, We get heaps on bleeping computer every day.

The simple inconvenience of the first post needing Mod approval before a member gets to immediately post to the board has made spam a thing of the past for our members on this board. Our spam software catches quite a bit, but not all. And when the software needed to be updated, this board has been inundated - but almost nothing made its way to the membership as that one simple step was used to catch the spam before it got through the Mod team. Very little spam makes it through now, ever.

Sadly we cant do that on bleepingcomputer because most of the first posts contain PC logs for malware removal.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back