Suggested tank dividers

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

FroFro

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
After finally moving into the new house and bringing my tanks over (as well as the now, complete, cycled ten gallon) I thought myself ready for some betta. I bought my first and let him enjoy the tank while I waited for the tank divider I ordered to get mailed. It was my understanding that it was adjustable and the betta would not be able to see each other. Low and behold I get a dinky plastic hard mesh with "slider" sides. I couldn't close the tank lid, fit it IN the tank without it popping out of place and looking ugly. By adjustable they really meant "trimmable".

If anyone on the forums that has purchased a good tank divider I'm looking for suggestions. Something easy to install and very sturdy, but so the betta can't see each other. I've yet to purchase my second betta, but I will once I get a suitable divider.

I used Perspex and cut it to size. Then cut a hole in middle and siliconed plastic flywire over the hole. Put some plastic airline over the edges and wedge into place. Or you can use glass and silicon them into place.

I used Perspex and cut it to size. Then cut a hole in middle and siliconed plastic flywire over the hole. Put some plastic airline over the edges and wedge into place. Or you can use glass and silicon them into place.
So a DIY divider? I'm not very handy but I could give it a shot, is there a guide to make the one you used?

nope, just get a sheet of 3 or 4 mm thick Perspex (clear plastic) from a hardware store or online. Then use a Stanley knife or hacksaw and cut it to size. You can use an electric jigsaw to cut it as well. Then get some silicon glue and flyscreen and stick it on.

Perspex is simply a hard plastic. You can melt it, cut it, heat it and bend it. If you want the dividers thicker you could use 2 pieces and stick the fly screen between the 2 pieces.

Just a note...look up diy betta divider on Google or youtube. Tons of stuff out there to make them easy!

Most reactions

Back