Substrate Change

Fishy_7

Fish Crazy
Joined
Apr 11, 2005
Messages
247
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Essex, UK
Been thinking about this for a while now. I want to take the gravel I currently have out of the tank and replace it with some Aquasoil Amazonia. Ideally, I want to do it with minimal fuss (i.e.) without removing the fish from the tank but is this possible?? Aquasoil is dusty in nature and takes hours for it to settle.

Additionally, Aquasoil also lowers PH and makes the water softer. The water in my area is hard. Will the change on the substrate make the hardness drop quickly creating a problem for the fish?

The tank is just over 200 litres and is a community one.

Thanks.
 
minimal fuss ?

Minimal fuss would be removing the fish, making them comforatable then doing the change swiftly.
 
I agree, just use a good gravel cleaner to get u r water out after u have removed the fish to another tank or very large bucket......I use a gorilla tub with the heater and filter in it..........I personally wouldn't wanna chance doing it with the fish still in, it could stress them out, easy done.

Take some before and after pics so we can all have a nose.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top