Stupid warning labels and such...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
What... Are those camps teaching kids....
It was disgusting. Dirty camp feet touching the pickle you eat = dirty camp feet germs in your mouth:sick:
My pov is kids need to learn to be a LITTLE more mature while adults need to learn how to get a LITTLE more loose amd not SO grown up that they cant even show expressions or have fun...
The majority of kids, teens, and young adults that I have met are just downright immature! I am, generally, a very mature, respectful person (I like to think). I try to act like I would if I were an adult trying to be successful. My parents have always treated my siblings and I with the respect they would show an adult. Obviously they still correct us and teach us, but I mean when they talk to us, they talk like our opinions and values matter, not like "Oh you're a kid". So I would get very frustrated in situations like when I had to get my rabies shots. The nurse would come in and be like "alright hon, I am going to give you a little shot and you need to hold very still. Don't tense your arm, don't kick me, don't jerk away. Ima do it on the count of three. 1, 2" *gives shot on 2 so I don't have time to freak out* "and oops we are done!" and I'm sitting there thinking "whaaat...? Why are you talking like I am a 3 year old? You gave me my other shot last week and I was very calm, well mannered, and obedient?" Or at camp, all the leaders act like they have to constantly be making sure you are behaving. There is always that distinct "I am a leader, you are a child" feeling at camp or youth group or field trips. I have since realized that there are just genuinely so many immature people out there that they have to be that way and it doesn't matter how mature you are.

It was disgusting. Dirty camp feet touching the pickle you eat = dirty camp feet germs in your mouth:sick:

The majority of kids, teens, and young adults that I have met are just downright immature! I am, generally, a very mature, respectful person (I like to think). I try to act like I would if I were an adult trying to be successful. My parents have always treated my siblings and I with the respect they would show an adult. Obviously they still correct us and teach us, but I mean when they talk to us, they talk like our opinions and values matter, not like "Oh you're a kid". So I would get very frustrated in situations like when I had to get my rabies shots. The nurse would come in and be like "alright hon, I am going to give you a little shot and you need to hold very still. Don't tense your arm, don't kick me, don't jerk away. Ima do it on the count of three. 1, 2" *gives shot on 2 so I don't have time to freak out* "and oops we are done!" and I'm sitting there thinking "whaaat...? Why are you talking like I am a 3 year old? You gave me my other shot last week and I was very calm, well mannered, and obedient?" Or at camp, all the leaders act like they have to constantly be making sure you are behaving. There is always that distinct "I am a leader, you are a child" feeling at camp or youth group or field trips. I have since realized that there are just genuinely so many immature people out there that they have to be that way and it doesn't matter how mature you are.
You had to get rabies shots (???)

You had to get rabies shots (???)
Yes, several years ago. Very painful. A raccoon comes wobbling out of the woods one morning, broad daylight . It runs up and attacks the dogs, who fight back (one got a nasty scar on his nose). My mom starts yelling at it and chucking water bottles while we call the dogs. One of the dogs comes back and my sisters and I hold onto him so he can't go back to the fight. The raccoon stumbles away into the woods, something clearly wrong with it. We call the dogs back, start feeling through their long fur for injuries. Once we've made sure they're all fine (took about 10 minutes), we realize they are covered in sticky raccoon saliva and we've been touching it. Long story short, none of us could guarantee we didn't touch our eyes, mouth, nose or have a hang nail before washing the saliva off our hands, so we had to go get the shots. Got the first 3 shots one day (the shot itself and the the two immunoglobulin (I hope I spelled that right) ones in each leg), had to come back 3 or 4 days later for another, a week later another, and two weeks after that was the last one. Me, my mom, and my 3 younger sisters all had to get them.

Yes, several years ago. Very painful. A raccoon comes wobbling out of the woods one morning, broad daylight . It runs up and attacks the dogs, who fight back (one got a nasty scar on his nose). My mom starts yelling at it and chucking water bottles while we call the dogs. One of the dogs comes back and my sisters and I hold onto him so he can't go back to the fight. The raccoon stumbles away into the woods, something clearly wrong with it. We call the dogs back, start feeling through their long fur for injuries. Once we've made sure they're all fine (took about 10 minutes), we realize they are covered in sticky raccoon saliva and we've been touching it. Long story short, none of us could guarantee we didn't touch our eyes, mouth, nose or have a hang nail before washing the saliva off our hands, so we had to go get the shots. Got the first 3 shots one day (the shot itself and the the two immunoglobulin (I hope I spelled that right) ones in each leg), had to come back 3 or 4 days later for another, a week later another, and two weeks after that was the last one. Me, my mom, and my 3 younger sisters all had to get them.
Ouch...long ago, when I was a kid, the only way to give the injection was into your stomach..extremely painful....TG I never needed them

I once bought a card for a child's birthday which read 'I am 2'. On the back of the badge (because it had a pin) it said 'not suitable for children under 6' !
Also, I once read about a woman who complained to a holiday company that her holiday had been ruined because nobody had warned her that there were fish in the sea!

I once bought a card for a child's birthday which read 'I am 2'. On the back of the badge (because it had a pin) it said 'not suitable for children under 6' !
Also, I once read about a woman who complained to a holiday company that her holiday had been ruined because nobody had warned her that there were fish in the sea!
What in the universe.... Lol

That's a good one. That kind of reminds me of the "Where the Wild Things Are" movie that came out a few years ago. It was rated "PG: Not suitable for young children." REALLY? Sheesh. :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back