Strange Question For The Day - Dehumidifier Water

petertr

Fish Addict
Joined
Aug 20, 2008
Messages
756
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Peterlee, Co. Durham, England
Ok, recently found that I have a minor damp problem in the house (2 wet summers in a row haven't helped!) - so I bought this dehumidifier:

http://www.delonghi-dehumidifiers.co.uk/de...humidifier.html


At the bottom, it states, Collects demineralised water (ideal for use in steam irons etc)



I'm collecting around 6 litres per day - can I use this in my tank as cheap RO water? (Not that cheap actually, machine cost £100 and its running at about 100W)
 
I would not... you dont know what the condenser unit is made of, or if it is coated in any way
 
I once thought of using dehumidifier water in my steam iron - till I put it in a glass and held it up to the light to check the quality. It was full of bits. I wouldn't use the water from ours in my fish tank!
 
I run a dehumidifier in my sons room, its so damp in there over the winter months, and it collects all sort of stuff as well as water, bits and it doesnt look very fresh to me, so I wouldnt use it.
 
I run a dehumidifier in my sons room, its so damp in there over the winter months, and it collects all sort of stuff as well as water, bits and it doesnt look very fresh to me, so I wouldnt use it.

For bits of stuff see:
Skin
Fluff
Airbourne pollution i.e. deoderant sprays etc
Dust
Bacteria & virus (have you got a cold? If so your dehumidifier water will be full of sneezes!)

I wouldn't use it.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top