Strange, Funny, Sad And Drastic

Ace Of Spades

Fish Gatherer
Joined
Feb 5, 2008
Messages
2,794
Reaction score
3
Points
38
Location
GB
Ok I had a few guppies in my Rio 300 which I was going to remove but never got around to it.

It seems one of the guppies tried to swim into the Juwel filter and got chewed up by the powerhead......

Then all of his friends when missing, I pressumed they were hiding, I opened up the filter today and they were all swimming in there.....

But for all you that have juwel tanks you know how keep the juwel internal is and they are right down the side where you keep the heater. My hands, a net or nothing will fit down there.

What can I do, Will they be alrighT?
 
Ok I had a few guppies in my Rio 300 which I was going to remove but never got around to it.

It seems one of the guppies tried to swim into the Juwel filter and got chewed up by the powerhead......

Then all of his friends when missing, I pressumed they were hiding, I opened up the filter today and they were all swimming in there.....

But for all you that have juwel tanks you know how keep the juwel internal is and they are right down the side where you keep the heater. My hands, a net or nothing will fit down there.

What can I do, Will they be alrighT?

I had the same problem with my Redclaw. Thought he had got out of teh tank and turned the house upside down. Was in there for 3 days before I foudn him.

I ended up using my hands which got very pinched, only afterwards did I realise that in my Jewel, a Rekord you can slide out the bit that seperates the filter media from the heater compartment which means you can clear the whole black compartment. They should then be easy to get out.

Good luck!
 
only afterwards did I realise that in my Jewel, a Rekord you can slide out the bit that seperates the filter media from the heater compartment which means you can clear the whole black compartment. They should then be easy to get out.

Good luck!

OOoOO Sexy, Ill have to look into this, Thanks for the reply :good:
 
My clown loach used to like popping in and out of the filter tower - I think he's too big now
 
My clown loach used to like popping in and out of the filter tower - I think he's too big now

Indeed, I had a clown loach that just disapered...then suddenly turned up again.

I cant wait to get my external and remove this blasted thing XD
 

Most reactions

Back
Top