Strange behaviour

CFC

Leader of the Fishes
Reaction score
My shovelnose has adopted a strange vertical head down swimming position he's about 10 month old and hasn't done this before yesterday is this normal or have i got a problem? :unsure:

is this the only fish in the tank? what are your water parameters. this fish does need quality water, so may be an indication that you need to test the water. with the cichlids, this type of behaviour is usually an indicator that there are internal injuries. if he is not the only one in the tank, maybe he got into it with one of the tankmates. this fish i very aggressive and carnivorous.

hth

maggie

Water quality is good only nitrate slightly higher than should be but comes out of the tap at 60ppm so nothing new,hes in a sort of large community with other predators and non swallowable fish.Hes generally quite peaceful(unless your a river shrimp!)dosen't appear to be an injury but ill keep an eye on him over next couple of days.Mrs seems to think hes hunting could this be the case?
Should add hes a Sorubim lima not a Tiger!

they are very aggressive and intolerant of others including their own species. also carnivorous and will eat any other fish they can get into their mouths.

maybe cryosi or gibbo will be alng soon to help you out.

maggie

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back