Stocking

tom16

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Feb 19, 2009
Messages
164
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi

I have

6 guppys(Inch long at the moment)
4 Harlequin Raboras(Under inch long)
2 Dwarf Gorumi(1 Male 1 1/2 and 1 female 1 inch long)
1 Baby black molly(0.5 cm )

Am i over stocked?
 
I wouldn't say you were - but understocking is always better than overstocking!

16gal is around.. 70 litres ish, so you could probably fit a couple more fish in there..

what gender are the guppies?
 
Well what other fish did you have in mind for you tank?

Because you'll be able to get a bit more in - but depends on what it is really :good:
 
I was thinking about some zebra dainos.

Thanks
 
Gotta love zebra danios - I've got some longfinned ones, and they are awesome! Always active, always messing around!

I think 6 or so in your tank should be okay - wouldn't push it over the limit, they aren't particularly messy or anything!

Hope this helps! :good:
 
Hi

I have

6 guppys(Inch long at the moment)
4 Harlequin Raboras(Under inch long)
2 Dwarf Gorumi(1 Male 1 1/2 and 1 female 1 inch long)
1 Baby black molly(0.5 cm )

Am i over stocked?


other factors like filtration and how many plants, how often you do water changes etc will also dictate how many fish you can keep in comfort.
 
Cheers umlaut31.

No problem! :friends:

Let us know how you get on - some pictures are always nice!
Have you seen any long-finned zebras? Mine are in breeding season I think - their fins are getting even longer and the blues and yellows are magnificent! :drool:

If you've got loads of plants and a decoration or two in your tank they should love them, and will really excentuate everything! Be good to get some really fast moving fish in there!


oh on a side note - when (or if) you get the danios, don't worry if they look like they are chasing each other - it's just what they do, they never actually nip! :fish:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top