Stocking Suggestions Please

Joe97

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Nov 13, 2009
Messages
146
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
England, Europe, Earth, Milky Way
Hi everybody,
I have a 4.3 gallon, (16 littres), aquarium that's ten inches long, ten inches deep and ten inches tall. I was wondering what I could keep in there? I was thinking about a few crustacians 0.5-1 inch long. I was thinking about maybe seven cherry shrimp? Is this OK, if not is there any alternatives?
Thankyou,
Joe :)
 
Cherries are good, and provided the tank is mature that opens your options to pretty much any dwarf shrimp (Crystal Red, Pearl Blue, Gold Bee, Emerald Green).

You could also fit a lone male betta in there quite comfortably or perhaps add 5 male endlers with about 10 charry shrimp.
 
Hi,
How about half a dozen dwarf shrimp and the fry from my Endler's (that I plan to keep I my larger tank- I'd sell the fry off when they grew. If I find and breed true Endler's they should be snapped up quite eagerly :) ).
Which would be better; the same species of shrimp or a pick-and-mix variaty? (Bearing in mind the colour and welfare of the shrimp).
Thanks,
Joe :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top