Stocking Possibilities

Joanne_

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi

I would like to stock a 174 litre tank and was wondering how many / what type of marine fish I could have in there ?

My tanks dimensions are: 62c.m. across the front x 72c.m. high x 39c.m. front to back.

Thanks !

Hi

I would like to stock a 174 litre tank and was wondering how many / what type of marine fish I could have in there ?

My tanks dimensions are: 62c.m. across the front x 72c.m. high x 39c.m. front to back.

Thanks !

This is a tough question to answer without knowing more about what you like? A 75g is a large enough tank for many different types of ocean communities. Ranging from predatory to peaceful, from all parts of the world.

L

Okay, I have a list of fish I like :rolleyes: Would I be able to combine these:

3 Stripe Damsel
Coral Beauty
Coppperband Butterfly
Red Indica Starfish
Ocellaris Clown
Sea Horse
Yellow Tail Damsel
Domino Damsel
Electric Blue Damsel
Chromis - Blue/Green
Dottyback - Royal

Thanks !

You can't do the seahorse. Seahorses are slow feeders and need a species tank.

Okay, I have changed my list, what about (I don't mean add them all at once ! I will add them over a good space of time) :

2 x Blue Eye Royal Dottyback
1 x Green Mandarin
2 x Blue/Green Reef Chromis
1 x Sea Cucumber
1 x Banana Wrasse

:rolleyes:

Okay, I have changed my list, what about (I don't mean add them all at once ! I will add them over a good space of time) :

2 x Blue Eye Royal Dottyback
1 x Green Mandarin
2 x Blue/Green Reef Chromis
1 x Sea Cucumber
1 x Banana Wrasse

:rolleyes:

Chromis need to be in larger groups. Mandarins need a mature system with tons of pods, or be prepared to have to supply them with pods all the time, or they will starve. Sea Cucumbers can get toxic if they are stressed or die. Granted, I've got a dwarf one in my Biocube CUC, but he's watched like a hawk and I keep him fed.

The rest I'd have to look up.

L

Are the blue eye royals a pair? I think the banana wrasse will work. Up the chromis to a group of 6. I too, want to get a green mandarin. What I will be doing is buying a package of. Pods and add them too the tank. I will let them reproduce for a couple months and then add the mandarin.

Are the blue eye royals a pair? I think the banana wrasse will work. Up the chromis to a group of 6. I too, want to get a green mandarin. What I will be doing is buying a package of. Pods and add them too the tank. I will let them reproduce for a couple months and then add the mandarin.

Just be aware that you've got other things in the tank that'll eat pods too. You'll have to have a refugium to grow the pods and possibly have to replenish the supply. Or... find a mandarin that'll eat other foods. Not impossible.

L

The only other thing in the tank is a clownfish and some hermits. Will the live rock provide a breeding place for them? I am getting them with a couple pounds of rock tomorrow. I found cheap rock. 5$ a pound of base rock. The store is called aquatic creations.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back