Hi, finally cycled my tank - its been 5 and a half long weeks, but we got there.
I have 4 white cloud minnows, 1 male mollie and 2 swordtails. I am convinced when I purchased the swordtails they were both female, they have been happily getting along for a month, when 2 days ago one has decided its a male and is really on the female's case - she just hides behind filter most of day, I feel sorry for her.
I did have 2 mollies, later discovered one was female, one male, as male was constantly getting too friendly, so I took female back to lfs (she was behaving in same way as my female swordtail is now).
Male mollie is now chasing female swordtail around too. I am worried about fry as I don't want hassle of finding homes for them etc. Should I take both males back to lfs and stick to a female only community tank?
I love my male mollie, would be sad to see him go....
I have got a 60l tank, ammonia and nitrite levels 0 for last 4 days.
Thanks for any help. I guess I should take the males out, are they always going to behave this way?!
I have 4 white cloud minnows, 1 male mollie and 2 swordtails. I am convinced when I purchased the swordtails they were both female, they have been happily getting along for a month, when 2 days ago one has decided its a male and is really on the female's case - she just hides behind filter most of day, I feel sorry for her.
I did have 2 mollies, later discovered one was female, one male, as male was constantly getting too friendly, so I took female back to lfs (she was behaving in same way as my female swordtail is now).
Male mollie is now chasing female swordtail around too. I am worried about fry as I don't want hassle of finding homes for them etc. Should I take both males back to lfs and stick to a female only community tank?
I love my male mollie, would be sad to see him go....
I have got a 60l tank, ammonia and nitrite levels 0 for last 4 days.
Thanks for any help. I guess I should take the males out, are they always going to behave this way?!







