Stocking 60 Litre With A Twist

Ace Of Spades

Fish Gatherer
Joined
Feb 5, 2008
Messages
2,794
Reaction score
3
Points
38
Location
GB
I was going to give up on my 80gal mbuna but I felt I didnt really give it a chance and didnt finish it off...... what I want is to try and breed them which brings me onto my question...

I have a 60 Litre aquarium and wondered on a few fish that would feed the bactieria but wouldnt eat the eggs when and if I put fry in there........

anyone got any ideas?
 
I'm a little confused on fish that won't eat the eggs when you put fry in there???
The rift lake cichlids carry the eggs in their mouth and spit the fry out once they are a couple of weeks old. The fry are about 8-10mm when they leave the mother's mouth.
I wouldn't use any other fish in the 60litre for the fry. I would simply put the fry in the tank and transfer a small sponge filter from the main tank to the 60litre.
If you can catch the female when she has a mouthful you can transfr her to the 60litre and elave her there with the fry until she starts to ignore them. Then put her back in the display tank.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top