Stocking 15 Gallons Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

shaziasadiqah

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello,

So, i have a 15 gallon tank that is now stocked with 3 Honey Gouramis and 1 Dwarf Gourami.

I want to add some more tank mates for them, any idea?

I've been thinking to add 10 schooling fish perhaps Maculata Rasbora or Ember Tetra or Buenos Aires Tetra and 4 to 6 Corydoras.

Any suggestions will be much appriciated, thank you :)

Hello,

So, i have a 15 gallon tank that is now stocked with 3 Honey Gouramis and 1 Dwarf Gourami.

I want to add some more tank mates for them, any idea?

I've been thinking to add 10 schooling fish perhaps Maculata Rasbora or Ember Tetra or Buenos Aires Tetra and 4 to 6 Corydoras.

Any suggestions will be much appriciated, thank you :)
Maybe some kind of small danios. I have some and they are super fun to watch! Let me know how it works out!

Maybe some kind of small danios. I have some and they are super fun to watch! Let me know how it works out!
Yes, i really like some danios, i have kept a school of pink danios a few months back but they are being bullied by my betta who i thought at first a friendly one, so my mother adopted the danios.

i've been wanting to have celestial pearl danio, but here in my LFS they are so expensive :(

Also, stay on the lower end of the temperature for the gouramis because the cories need a little bit cooler water. Lower seventies should work although it can vary by species

Any of the smaller cories like panda, Dwarf, or pygmy would likely work. Harlequin rasbora are fun, but ember tetra have a very nice color that might complement the honey gourami.

Thank you everyone, today i bought 6 albino cory and 10 neon tetra.

i’m planning to upgrade the tank in the near future to a 30gallons.

the tank will be called The Colorful Tank since the fishes are very colorful, well, except for the corys.

thank you again :)

Thank you everyone, today i bought 6 albino cory and 10 neon tetra.

i’m planning to upgrade the tank in the near future to a 30gallons.

the tank will be called The Colorful Tank since the fishes are very colorful, well, except for the corys.

thank you again :)
Good for you! Way to move ahead! ?

Nice choices. I also have a 15 gallon with 4 x honey gouramis (2 honey coloured and 2 that look chocolate brown in the water) and 8 ember tetras. The scape is blackwater with a chaos of plants. I love it! My only frown is the heater, which must be the ugliest heater ever made, One day, when i'm feeling brave, i'll post a pic of the tank :fish:

Nice choices. I also have a 15 gallon with 4 x honey gouramis (2 honey coloured and 2 that look chocolate brown in the water) and 8 ember tetras. The scape is blackwater with a chaos of plants. I love it! My only frown is the heater, which must be the ugliest heater ever made, One day, when i'm feeling brave, i'll post a pic of the tank :fish:
Sounds like a nice scape! I would love to see it when you do post the pic :)

heater is a sucker for me, i basically don’t have heater for the tanks because the temprature here is very warm and that makes the water warm enough for the fish, but one time i have use a heater on my qt tank to treat ich for a school of danios and it fails on me and make the water way to warm for the fish.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back