Still no plecos but fat cat

ggk

Reaction score
My two plecos still haven't shown up. I'm getting ready to clean tanks today but I really don't have much hope - still a mystery!

Anyhow, I have 2 catfish in each tank . Can you sex them? One of them is getting a really big belly. Are they egg layers? Will they reproduce in a small aquarium? Is is just fat? Any comments or advice welcome. Thanks :nod:

Are they cory catfish? The females are naturally quite a bit bigger and rounder than the males. They do breed in community tanks, but they eat their own eggs, frequently.

I appreciate your answers. I made a trip to the lfs and yes they are cory catfish. 2 albinos in one tank and 2 spotted ones in the other tank. Are there different kinds of tropical fish-catfish? I am pretty ignorant when it comes to fish but I am learning lots & lots thanks to this board . I certainly do get mixed information when I ask at different lfs. I'm not sure who to believe.

(This is totally off the subject but while at the petstore I saw 2 baby hedgehogs. They were the cutest little things but I was surprised at their spines? quills? SHARP! SHARP! SHARP!)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back