Step By Step Guide To Setting Up An Aquarium

Not necessarily for decorations but you could use them that way. If you have lots of fish an air pump is good to buy to add oxygen to the water so the fish can breath.

Not necessarily for decorations but you could use them that way. If you have lots of fish an air pump is good to buy to add oxygen to the water so the fish can breath.

Okay got it! Thanks for clearing my doubts :)

Great topic! Just a few alterations and this could be pinned!
It -has- been pinned for years! It's the first topic in the setup section of the beginners guide I believe (usually these are closed so that beginners don't think they are current threads but I guess this one wasn't.) WD

Oh lol! I guess I wasn't paying attention! :D

but it isnt pinned though! there is no pinned sign up next to it!

It is linked inside the pinned "Beginner Resource Center" thread. Rather than having a bunch of pinned threads, the BRC holds all the "pinned" threads.

Big :good: for this thread very much appreciated. :good:

Hi Miss Wiggle.  You are helping me so much, firstly I'd like to say thank you.  I'm a total beginner.  I've been given a nano tank (Aquael 20).  I started before I joined the forum and found out I had a lot to learn.  I had been told to simply fill the tank with a layer of gravel and fill it with tap water, switch on the filter and heater, give it a week and Bob's yer uncle!!!

Now I see how wrong they were. 

I've had the water in for about 3 days now with the filter and heater running (everything has gone cloudy, but I now understand about the fishless cycle, which I would like to follow).  I didn't know about declorination.  Can I add that now or should I start over again?

Cheers

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back