Starting Up Books

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sapper

Reaction score
before i go and buy a tank, are there any good books i can buy? books that will teach me the basics of keeping tropical fish, cycling etc.

i am very new to this and would like to get my head round all the facts before i commit to a project and get disheartened because i dont know what im doing.

also could anyone post links to useful websites for me to view please?

hmm usefull sites my faveorite is google but i have heard some people mention:
plannet catfish is good for advice on catfish
not catfish is also a good site for info on other fish

there are others, lots but i dont have the links to hand

The ultimate aquarium (Bailey & Sandford) is quite good book for beginners.

I think Simon & Schuster's Guide to Freshwater And Marine Aquarium Fishes is a great book - it shows colorful pictures of many different fish, tells a lot about how to feed them and what fish to put them with, and how to set up a tank. It is a really good book. :nod:

Aquarium for Dummies. I have it. I read it all. They miss no steps in properly setting up an aquarium and give you many helpful tips. Does not tell you which fish are compatible with other fish however. It does go over diseases and how to treat them, ornaments, water, all the filters, good spots for aquariums and other stuff as well. Is pretty easy to read as I am sure there are many others that are easy to read as well. This one is just easier to find I would bet.

Baensch Aquarium Atlas volume one,a tad expensive (£20) but tells you everything you need to know about setting up a wide variety of tanks and has a good selection of most of the more commonly seen fish with a lot of info on them,the only books you will ever need again are volumes 2 and 3.

Gotta recommend / second -

David E. Boruchowitz, The Simple Guide to Freshwater Aquariums, TFH (no date, but 2001)...... :d:D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back