Starting Over

omega59

Fish Gatherer
Joined
Aug 31, 2007
Messages
2,278
Reaction score
28
Points
48
Location
CA
I am currenting running my 20gal tank with livebeerers platies and mollies. I was thinking of starting over getting rid of all of them and placing something else. I have a question before doing so.

Should i remove all the water and decorations including gravil and do a BIG clean-up??

I'am thinking of getting a pair of 5 tropical angelfish only for the tank and nothing else. Can someone give me advice/pointers on what I should do before adding them in there :)

thank you.
 
I wouldn't do that. I'd do a water change and leave it at that.

However, a 20 Gal isn't really big enough for Angelfish IMO. Especially 5 (If that's what you mean by 'a pair of 5')

Rob
 
20gal is point blank too small for angelfish. Angelfish need a minimum of 18 inches tall tank, so presumably (if your tank is tall enough) its a 24x18x12 tank.

An angelfish needs a minimum of 36x12x12 imo.

If you're looking for something different to livebearers, start again with a pair of German Blue or Bolivian Rams. Very different to what you've kept so far, and alot more suitable for your size tank than angels.

Or if theres something else thats caught your eye, post up and someone on here will give you some advice regarding suitability.
 
i was told by someone in the chatroom that 5 will be good for a 20gal :(

my aquarium is...

27' x 18' x 32'

Angelpair2.jpg
 
im not sure what happened but i think they prob ment to buy 5 and wait for them to mature, then hopefully you will get a pair,but you have to rehome the others leaving only the pair :good:
 
well when i went to purchase the lid replacement it was for a 20 gallon tank.

27' x 18' x 32'

I measured the front length, height, then at the side the depth and that is what it measured out to.
 
We are talking inches, right?

As for the lid size - it means nothing. Lids are 2 dimensional, tanks have 3 dimensions. It might well fit a tank thats not as deep as yours but its by the by.

However you look at it, you have the room for angels. What it would be advisable to do (if possible) is look for a proven pair, rather than buying a group and returning the ones that don't pair off.
 
maybe i should just stick with RAMS as mentioned before. iwill measure the tank again later with a different tape.
 
We are talking inches, right?

As for the lid size - it means nothing. Lids are 2 dimensional, tanks have 3 dimensions. It might well fit a tank thats not as deep as yours but its by the by.

However you look at it, you have the room for angels. What it would be advisable to do (if possible) is look for a proven pair, rather than buying a group and returning the ones that don't pair off.

I presumed the OP meant inches, as if I'd taken the ' to be feet then we would be talking about a 440,000 litre tank :)
 
I measured the tank again with another tape this is the results in inches.

30' x 18' x 12'

i guess AngelFish cannot go in here, how many Ablivian Ram's can i get if I deciede to keep 4 platies or mollies?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top