Starting a small planted tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
In my opinion, a 5 gallon is just fine for a single betta. That's what I have and my Betta seems very content in the well planted tank.

I used a 10 gallon, you also get a small bedroom and a living room with a kitchenette.

Unfortunately like I said I don't really have space, I do but there is no plug points on that side of the room so If I wanted to do that id have to run a cable from one of the 3 plug points I have, or atleast know about, place was furnished so might be another one hiding.

We will see, I'm sure I'll end up wanting more tank space and make it work, then the Betta can have his kitchenette.

Out of interest, this is one of the boys I'm looking at. Might have to wait for the next batch from the breeder as there is only 2 left of the current one and I'm not sure when I'll have a cycled filter set up. But they're wild copper smaragdina hybrids.

copperbetta.jpg

If I could sneak another tank in I would get a Betta but with 4 tanks already I have reached the max of my wife's tolerance level, I have at least 3-10 gallon and a 5 gallon empty in the basement . Yes I have a 5 gallon too, use it as a QT and many years ago for my betta before I moved him up to a 10 gallon.

Anacharis, Anubias, Salvinia, etc. all grow very good in a small tank.

I think that a 5g is a perfect size for a single betta. I have a 10g betta tank and he seems very happy.

If I could sneak another tank in I would get a Betta but with 4 tanks already I have reached the max of my wife's tolerance level, I have at least 3-10 gallon and a 5 gallon empty in the basement . Yes I have a 5 gallon too, use it as a QT and many years ago for my betta before I moved him up to a 10 gallon.

When I lived at home I convinced the rents to let me upgrade my 30(?) gallon tank to a 50(?) gallon tank, then when they were at work I set up the 30 gallon tank in my room on the floor beside side the 50 gallon...they weren't happy but they ended up accepting it. It brought my total in my room to 4 tanks I think (other 2 were a 5gal and a 15gal). Maybe do the same with the Mrs...:nod:

Anacharis, Anubias, Salvinia, etc. all grow very good in a small tank.

I think that a 5g is a perfect size for a single betta. I have a 10g betta tank and he seems very happy.

Cool thank you :) I'm gonna see how my current plants sit in the tank I'm getting then I'll have a look at those.

Heres a couple of pics of the plants I got delivered today, had the moss delivered a couple of days ago...remember I'm upgrading soon to a 5gal. The waters a bit cloudy as I've been disturbing stuff getting the plants in but its just a holding tank for now.

tank1.jpg
tank2.jpg

Cryptocoryne Petchii, Cryptocoryne Lucens, Anubias Nana and Java Moss.

Still waiting for my sponge filter, being sent from China. Should be getting a cycled internal filter along with the 5gal though.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back