What's new

Started w/ cleaning house

MXPX4318

Reaction score
So I was cleaing up the house b/c parents were coming over in town tonight to have dinner, while going through the room stuff I came across my filters and heaters and a 10g tank that weren't set up, since I just finished up setting up my 55g I decided it was time for a new project, so I spent the afternoon cleaning the tank, putting sand/laterite mix in, then I decided I needed a new piece of driftwood so off to the lfs I went. Well the lfs 2 minutes down the road had no good driftwood but while I was there I decided to check out the new shipment of fish and low and behold I found some fish I had to have, and would make perfect members of my new tank I was setting up what are they you ask?:

2 great looking scarlet Badis Badis never seen them locally so I swimped up a couple and they're residing in my planted 20g until I finish getting my 10g set up and cycled, so enough talking here's the start of my 10g (minus the water) and (o yeah I found some wood at the lfs across town that was only 15 bucks and is 20" long and about 5"):

Thanks for looking,

Phillip

Elisabeth83

Reaction score
I am so jealous of you right now. I've been trying to get my hands on some badis badis for awhile now. Lucky find they look awesome!!! :D

The wood looks cool too..I wish I could get driftwood that cheap here :p

OP
M

MXPX4318

Reaction score
alright update, added shultz aquatic plant soil to give another 1" or so of substrate for plants, and now there's water and filter and heater in the tank:

thanks for looking,
Phillip

Angel Lady

Pet of the Month Leader
Reaction score
Those are nice looking fish. How much did they cost. I can get the lfs to order but I would like to have some ideal of the cost so she wont rip me off so bad..

OP
M

MXPX4318

Reaction score
they are scarlet dario dario (also known as badis badis but these guys won't get much bigger then they are (about the size of a quarter from tip of tail to tip of nose) so are different then badis badis which get up to 3 inches and aren't as colorful) they cost me 4 bucks a pop, great fish, they love frozen/live foods, I haven't gotten them to eat flake yet.

Phillip

OP
M

MXPX4318

Reaction score
thanks, yeah I think the wood really is a great piece for this tank, really makes it look nice and big, once I get some plants in there I think it will look even better.

Phillip

Dwarfs

Reaction score
Nice badis, I got one of those for free once because he slipped into the bag holding my Ctenopoma acutirostre :p Currently I only have Badis badis badis, but they're still cool :D