Spraybar

arobinson1984

Fish Gatherer
Joined
Mar 13, 2009
Messages
2,065
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Location
Leeds, United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm purchasing an eheim external filter next week for my jewul rio 125 tank so I can remove the internal filter and housing. I'm wanting to fit a spraybar to spray jets on the water surface.

How do spraybars fit to the tank? can anybody see any problems with being able to fit one to a rio 125? or indeed any other probs with having a spraybar with a rio 125 such as excessive water disturbance etc

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Andy
 
Not sure how it is mounted, I think it is either done so with suction cups, clips or magnets.

You should just be fine with that spray bar, you can also have it a little ways under the water surface, so that if it does spray a lot, if placed above the water surface, it would be too excessive.

-FHM
 
Spray bars come with sucker mount/clips to hold them to the side of the tank. I'm 99% certain they reduce flow but increase surface agitation (good thing), leastaways the one I've got on my Fluval 4+ internal does. You won't have any issues fitting or otherwise.
 
Thanks for the replies guys, I was hoping they mounted by suckers, as on the jewul rio's, you can only removed the flaps on the top, not the whole lid so I was worried it may present a problem if the spray bar was fastened by hooks.

Andy
 
Thanks for the replies guys, I was hoping they mounted by suckers, as on the jewul rio's, you can only removed the flaps on the top, not the whole lid so I was worried it may present a problem if the spray bar was fastened by hooks.

Andy

Only problem with spray bars is algea is common as you have crystal clear water and really brighit lighting
 

Most reactions

Back
Top