sponge filter clicking noise

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

finfayce

Fish Addict
Reaction score
hi
i have a noisy sponge filter. it is a clicking sound. i have cleaned it , put new sponges on it. didnā€™t change anything. iā€™m thinking theyā€™re not too expensive, so i should probably replace it. anyone agree with or have a different solution. thanks

Whatever it is, it definitely isn't the sponge. It must be something in the airline or internal tube. There isn't a piece of gravel down there in the internal workings there?

Whatever it is, it definitely isn't the sponge. It must be something in the airline or internal tube. There isn't a piece of gravel down there in the internal workings there?
hey thanks. i do have tiny size pieces of gravel on top of regular gravel for the catfish and plecos. their wiskers or whatever the real term is- are sensitive. so very possible that gravel could be in there. i ā€˜ll check. :)

Is the sponge filter run from an air pump, or is it a power filter with a sponge in it?

Power filters need to be cleaned at least once a month and you need to clean the impellor assembly as well.

A lot of catfish will make clicking noises, especially if they are eating hard pellet foods.

Don't change the filter media because you get rid of the beneficial filter bacteria and can get an ammonia or nitrite reading in the tank that can kill the fish.

Is the sponge filter run from an air pump, or is it a power filter with a sponge in it?

Power filters need to be cleaned at least once a month and you need to clean the impellor assembly as well.

A lot of catfish will make clicking noises, especially if they are eating hard pellet foods.

Don't change the filter media because you get rid of the beneficial filter bacteria and can get an ammonia or nitrite reading in the tank that can kill the fish.
hi
itā€™s a power sponge filter. i need to take it apart again. could be fine gravel inside? i clean the whole filter every time i do a water change. the problem i think is too many guppies in the tank.hard to keep clean water. i canā€™t buy another bigger tank and already have 4 tanks to maintain, plus all of my birds. itā€™s already very time consuming. i guess iā€™ll ask Petco to take some fish again.
thanks

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back