Somethings wrong...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I don't think so..
It's fins are fine and the water is fine.
Thathe doesn't explain why it's so long, skinny, pale, and has a chunk missing from. It.
I thought you talked about damaged fins? oops

It is VERY possible some of the other tank mates may have gotten a bit aggressive with the guppy while you werent around to see it...

I don't think so..
It's fins are fine and the water is fine.
Thathe doesn't explain why it's so long, skinny, pale, and has a chunk missing from. It.
As I suggested, it sounds like a wound. Left untreated, it could develop bacteria and/or fungus. Salt in the HT should reduce that risk.

Then im going to say it... I think your fish has fin rot
Lol how does fin rot have anything to do with the condition of this fish? She doesn't even seem to have fin damage. She looks skinny and pale and just unwell. I would move her to hospital and try and treat for possible internal parasites if she doesn't eat or poop normally.

And we don't need cycled media in hospital because many medications can kill a cycle. Water should be changed daily or every other day in hospital tanks.

Lol how does fin rot have anything to do with the condition of this fish? She doesn't even seem to have fin damage. She looks skinny and pale and just unwell. I would move her to hospital and try and treat for possible internal parasites if she doesn't eat or poop normally.

And we don't need cycled media in hospital because many medications can kill a cycle. Water should be changed daily or every other day in hospital tanks.
Earlier she said that her fish had a chunk taken out (I was thinking it was the fin not the body!!) but now I realize it was an actual chunk of the body of the fish taken out and not the fin...

Well bearing in mind that the Guppy has potentially aggressive tankmates....that would explain the injuries and the skinny appearance

Guppy is being bullied & bitten generally and not being allowed to feed...so is withering away through lack of nutrition and probably harbouring infection from her injuries and the stress of being beaten up every day.

Just my thoughts on the poor thing.

Thats my add for ya LOL

The trouble is that once a fish falls prey to its tankmates, gets attacked and bullied, is removed and is recovered, it can never return to that aquarium.

They know its weaker and easily bullied and even if the injuries recover and it starts eating again and gets back to normal, it cannot return to the fold cos it will be terrified and stressed as soon as the lights go off at night and the other fish will always pick up on that and act on it

The fish has been beaten and attacked to within an inch of its life. It may have been a weaker fish or one that was giving in to being bullied and not holding its own beforehand anyway and the playground bullies zeroed in on it. If it recovers and if put back into the aquarium, it will be dead very soon.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back