Something Wrong With New Angel?! Hovering At Top Like Needs Oxyge

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

simonero

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I just purchased 2 new baby angels today.  Before putting them in the water I checked my parameters and i have 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite.  I changed the water and substrate before putting them in for weekly maintenance, put in stress coat, then opened up the bag from the fish store to set them free.

For several hours they were both fine.  Schooling, not eating yet but acting 100% normal for angelfish.  Only fish that isn't exclusively sitting on the bottom so lots of space in a 55gal tank.

Currently, one is fine and the other is on the opposite side of the tank, hovering at the top like he is suffocating.  But, that can't be the case.  My water is well circulated with 2 filters, and I have a bubble disk and a few air stones.  Also, I'd expect that to affect multiple fish.  I tried feeding him and he was disinterested, but kept hovering at the top.  What could be going on?  Is there anything I can do???

Thank you

Hey,

A few weeks ago, when I purchased my guppies, they hung out on top... but they eventually went down and now they like it down there. I know next to nothing about angels, but it is possible that this is a normal reaction to a new tank.

Hasn't pooped yet because I can't seem to get them interested in any food.  He is acting normal now.... hopefully this was just adjustment to the new tank.  Never seen a fish do that before when there wasn't a filter break/tank crash responsible...

Thanks!

did you introduce the fish properly to the tank?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back