Something is on my Betta's head

V3rmilion

New Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2019
Messages
27
Reaction score
1
Points
3
Hello! About a month ago, I got a beautiful blue crowntail betta from a Pet Supplies Plus. He didn't seem to have anything wrong with him until I saw something white sticking out of the right side of his head. He still swims and eats fine, though. It has been there for about a week now, and I don't know what it is.

My water parameters are still the same as the ones from my gourami post. (I still don't know the nitrate and nitrites, sorry!)

Ammonia : Close to 0 ppm

pH : Around 6.2

Temperature : 72°F (22.2°C)

It has the same decorations. Four plastic plants, a large Petoskey stone, and a Marimo moss ball. The golden mystery snail is also still in the tank. It is 6 gallons (22.7L), and it is filtered.

I feed him New Life Spectrum Betta Formula Pellets 2 times a day (2 in the morning, 2 at night), Omega One Freeze Dried Bloodworms 2 times a day (2 in the morning, 1 at night) every Tuesday and Friday as a treat, and I fast him every Sunday.

If you know what the problem is, please respond. Any help is appreciated :)
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3721.webp
    IMG_3721.webp
    252.2 KB · Views: 448
Hard to tell by pic. Is the spot fuzzy or anything?
 
Hard to tell by pic. Is the spot fuzzy or anything?

Sorry, it was hard to get the camera to focus on him.

It actually does look a little bit fuzzy. I just thought it was some cuttlebone that got stuck in his gills, since I sprinkle it in every Sunday for the snail.

Here's a better picture of him. It was a bit tough getting a picture, but it's the best I could manage.
 

Attachments

  • 20190417_173354_kindlephoto-193597342.webp
    20190417_173354_kindlephoto-193597342.webp
    665 KB · Views: 409
If he’s eating well and acting ok, I would keep the water super clean and treat for fungus. Perhaps Colin will come along later and have some advice. Good luck!
 
no idea, need a clear picture of the side of the fish.
 
no idea, need a clear picture of the side of the fish.
I took 3 new pictures. Hopefully they are good. Sometimes the spot is very visible, other times it isn't.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3763.webp
    IMG_3763.webp
    82.2 KB · Views: 409
  • IMG_3764.webp
    IMG_3764.webp
    82.6 KB · Views: 448
  • IMG_3765.webp
    IMG_3765.webp
    90.1 KB · Views: 413

Most reactions

Back
Top