Some more wilds comin!!

juliethegr8t

Addicted and in Therapy
Reaction score
So I'm getting more wild bettas. :D The lady who I got my falx from, who is also the chair of the upcoming show, contacted me about an oppurtunity. She sent me a list of wilds who were available for people coming to the show to buy. She was ordering them and they'll arrive on Friday. I had quite a few to choose from, it was one heck of a choice. :S And they're all wild caught, and come in pairs. I'm sooooo excited. :hyper: I ended up getting a pair of b. foerschi. Here are what the beauties look like:

foerschi.jpg

I can't freaking wait. :wub:

They are just amazing :eek: I can't wait to see them in person! :wub:

Oh, and it will be nice to see you too :*

I'm really not trying to fight here, but if the species are being depleted in the wild by industrial forces, isn't it a good thing to continue the captive breeding on a higher level? I guess I just don't understand why it's ok fir the Thai breeders to carry on the species, but it's wrong for people like Julie :unsure:

Amen Sorrell. :) That's what I was thinking. Bkk, I totally see your point and agree with you, but I can't get my hands on captive bred around here, and jumped at the chance to get any wilds, captive or not. My source said they were wild caught when I asked her, but I don't know HER source is, or how reliable they are. I'll ask her when I get them on Saturday if I remember. :nod: Anyways, I will certainly try to breed them and see doing that and selling them as furthering the species on a positive level, just like I'm doing with my falx. :thumbs:

bkk_group said:
Some fish species have been decline at a very fast pace. Some already extinct forever, if we do not do something NOW, our kids will not have chance to see what we are seeing today.
I just don't understand why it's ok for him to continue the species :dunno: I do see that you say you aren't saying that, but I believe your quote states otherwise. Why can't we do our part to raise awareness here as well? :thumbs:

Sorrell said:
bkk_group said:
Some fish species have been decline at a very fast pace. Some already extinct forever, if we do not do something NOW, our kids will not have chance to see what we are seeing today.
I just don't understand why it's ok for him to continue the species :dunno: I do see that you say you aren't saying that, but I believe your quote states otherwise. Why can't we do our part to raise awareness here as well? :thumbs:
:wub: .

I suppose we will just have to agree to disagree because I still don't see the problem. I'm not saying that I wish to see the species become extict in the wild, but if their habitat's are being destroyed anyway....seems to me that's one more pair that will be saved, put in the hands of a responsible breeder (who will breed them pure) and can continue to raise awareness here in the states. :thumbs:

Sorrell said:
I suppose we will just have to agree to disagree because I still don't see the problem. I'm not saying that I wish to see the species become extict in the wild, but if their habitat's are being destroyed anyway....seems to me that's one more pair that will be saved, put in the hands of a responsible breeder (who will breed them pure) and can continue to raise awareness here in the states. :thumbs:
:wub:

sorry to take this "off topic" what i should have said was
" :wub: :wub: "

Sorry to hijack this for a second.

Julie, they are beautiful. :wub:

Good luck with them. :nod:

:lol: CC you aren't hijacking at all. In fact, this just got a little off topic, so you're spot on topic! :p Thanks!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back