lilacamy931
Starting again
Righto, everyone is being brill and helpful with my new 18" cube tank which am setting up and dividing into four for bettas, I am almost there! Heater, lighting, substrate, plants are all planned for. It is now just the dividers and filter!The tank is going to be free standing in middle of floor so can see from all sides. I can not quite decide on a + or x formation for the dividers. Because the divides are going to be large I need to make them myself, the formation depends on the filter kinda.
For the filter, no to undergravel as loaches and need sand, no to external as too powerful for bettas and too expensive, no to HOB as the lid will prevent this, dividers not strong enough and need lid for jumpers, so will be needing to go with a internal. Locally I was thinking of going for the Fluval 2 plus as this works well in my other betta divided tank but here are the following questions:
With a fluval, I can go with either plan one - x formation and use the back space for heater and filter easily, no fish and have the flow on high directed at the centre point to hopefully help push flow around. Could use this section for... hmmm plants and perhaps shrimps?? Pros of this is the divider being x would be wedged to the four corners, filter and heater can be firmly fixed, cons one less fish
Or plan two was to have a + formation and have the fluval near the core with the flow pointed straight into the divide and have the flow pushed this way round. Pros of this one more fish um think that is it, cons, need to attach the filter to the divider and have heater on glass somewhere.
Or plan three. Stick to + formation and have filter and heater on glass with all four fish in their compartments and have a tube from filter into adjoining section to help push flow around.
What do you guys think on plan one or two? The divider will make myself with plastic tapestry stuff (if anyone knows where I can lengths 18" either way please let me know). I could just do the + formation and have heater and filter on glass but was trying to think of ways it could be less consipcious and also ensure flow.
Filter wise seen Fluval 2+ for £14, Aquaflow 100 for £11, AquaPro M380 which would probably need two of but this might be helpful to push flow around the tank.
I overthink my tanks but this one will probably be the first much more properly planned! Sorry guys for my pestering, really appreciate all help given so far. Excited to have all the plants and substrate in mind
Idea for sheeting be great as local large hobbystore has none!







