So Its Official, 180 Is Too Small?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

SJ2K

Always Want More Fish?!
Reaction score
Well from what ive been reading it sounds very much like my intended Rio 180 (40 x 20 x 16), dispite the fact that those measurments give me 55 USg (Cant be right surely?! The measurements are the same on each site yet the calculator says 207l? I know some will be lost by hardware but thats alot of extra!)...Anyways, as its only just over 3ft long it seems to be too short and everyone says 4ft :( such a shame, ive really taken a shine to these wicked set ups!

Sam

O sorry, Mbuna :) just noticed somone has the same tank in the 'members aquarium' topic, so it seems it can be done.

Anyone want to agree/dissagree?

Not ideal for Mbuna but it can be done if you go for smaller species like P.Saulosi and C.Afra and upgrade the juwel filtration. :good:

I made a post about upgrading the powerhead from the 600 to 1500 in tropical chat but its dead, anyone here know if they'd fit? Not sure if the 1500 is designed for the 400/450 exclusively?

Thanks, I also googled those 2 mbuna species you suggested :) looking good! Any others that spring to mind under 6"? I quite like the steriotypical yellows labs.

yea the labs are nice, have never kept them so i cant comment on the size needed.

Chris

i have the yellow labs with afra 'white tops' they seem to do very well together so far however they are still juvies so alot can/probably will change.

not sure about the size of tank as im still relativly new to this side of the hooby

chris

i have the yellow labs with afra 'white tops' they seem to do very well together so far however they are still juvies so alot can/probably will change.

not sure about the size of tank as im still relativly new to this side of the hooby

chris

Thats cool, I did take a look at your journal earlier, looks good :) got a final stocking list? how successful is it all?

Yeh best way to see is with the old measuring buckets :) the calculator said that the dimensions of the rio 180 give about 212l, not 180 :p

Atm im in the process of convincing a parent to allow me to have a 4ft, 55g in the kitchen :) *Fingers Crossed*

Yeh best way to see is with the old measuring buckets :) the calculator said that the dimensions of the rio 180 give about 212l, not 180 :p

Atm im in the process of convincing a parent to allow me to have a 4ft, 55g in the kitchen :) *Fingers Crossed*

Good luck. :D

Not getting my hopes up but its hard not to :p would be wicked to finally have my own mbuna.

I want Mbuna too, because it'd be the type of cichlids for me since I could use my tap water hardness. Shame there's no room.

Might be moving to Yorkshire in a couple of years though so i may either end up with soft or hard water, it hardness varies from town to town basically. Either way it'll be a win-win since I should actually have a room to myself = more space = more tanks.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back