So Hot....so...very Hot

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

It was 88 degrees farenheit out today in Salt Lake City Utah, not exactly unseasonable warm but it's hot just the same. My dashboard weather widget says it's 83 degrees outside right now (at 9:15 p.m.) and we're expecting weather in the 90's tomorrow. I guess it's to be expected when you live in the desert tho -_-

SLC

It was 88 degrees farenheit out today in Salt Lake City Utah, not exactly unseasonable warm but it's hot just the same. My dashboard weather widget says it's 83 degrees outside right now (at 9:15 p.m.) and we're expecting weather in the 90's tomorrow. I guess it's to be expected when you live in the desert tho -_-

SLC

Silly question, but I'm just curious, when the weather is that hot, and presumably your house too, do you still need to heat your tank?

SLC

Silly question, but I'm just curious, when the weather is that hot, and presumably your house too, do you still need to heat your tank?

Nope I do more water changes than normal just to keep the temp down. Luckily I've got a good spot for it right by a ventilation duct. Normally that is a bad idea but with the extreme weather here it soes more to keep the temp somewhat constant. I still have to do a weekly or biweekly change just to take out warm water, also since it is a nano reef, evaporation had been a problem; I had to do a better job minimising the escape points for water vapor. Now water evaporates, condensates and drips back into the tank, it's not perfect but I keep a arge part of the water level intact.

It's going to be in the upper 80's for the rest of the week here, then we'll have a day of 78 on monday.

SLC

i live in sunny england so the weather is great.NOT! the weather was nice last week or so then al of a sudden its tipping it down and windy!

at least we shouldn't have a hose pipe ban this summer

nah, even when it rains for three straight months and they still put a hosepipe ban on.

Most reactions

trending

Back