Snow

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

well none of the predicted 12-15inch overnight fell.
managed to drive to Orpington and back this morning.

the key is drive slowly and use 2nd or 3rd gear to pull away, use gears to brake rather than brakes.
Be safe out there people :good:

well our predicited massive snow fall turned out to be RAIN :( oh im in such a bad mood today and only because theres no snow to play with, we were all looking forward to it sooooooooo much :(

:angry: well no snow left here in newcastle,it rained heavy all last night :hyper: plus ive got today off,
so going to my lfs to have a look around :good:
shame was hopeing to make a big snow fish instead of a snowman lol

Down here in sunny Watford it hammered down - had a (almost literally) crash course in driving in the snow Sunday night on the way back from work, when I turned a corner from a gritted road into and ungritted road and the car just went straight lol. Just dodged the kerb fortunately.

Was gorgeous waking up yesterday morning, so the other half and I decided to go for a drive over to Dunstable downs - lovely bit of countryside. Only issue was getting out of the car park - in the hour we were there it snowed pretty heavily, and as we went to pull away the car just started sliding downhill. Fortunately I'd parked well away from anyone else (other people there weren't so lucky and were exchanging details) and three very kind blokes came to help me push the car out. After 10-15 minutes of backbreaking work by me and three complete strangers, we managed to get it back on the road and driving. Very very dicy driving on ungritted roads - avoid!

Still love the snow, hoping more of it comes down :)

Heres a pic from yesterday morning:

IMAGE_032.jpg

Right, following Tolaks advice and going to B&Q to buy a shovel and some coarse sand in case I get stuck in the snow again - unfortunately I have to be out and about for work tomorrow.

it is chucking it down in pontypridd south wales for the last 40 minutes it has probably dropped about 2 inches on top of the 4 inches from last night. My 2 boys are very excited they are 5 and 7 and never seen anything has heavy has this before.

Most we saw in Runcorn was about one and a half to two inches...........not fair....iwannagoplay! :-(

Rumours of more to come over the next few days, though I suspect southern england has seen the worst of it now.

Rumours of more to come over the next few days, though I suspect southern england has seen the worst of it now.
we had flakes that were as large as 3" round in bournemouth today, masses of them, never in 36 years have i seen them that big. Its all frozen tonight though, just went our for a cigarette and almost went flat on my butt.

These are from last year, I believe. Not date stamped. Haven't taken many pics of this year...but I have some.

march07-mid-june07003.jpg

march07-mid-june07008.jpg

march07-mid-june07009.jpg

And this year...

My 6yr old son built a snowman and wanted to save the head so he brought it in and left it on the back landing. lol.... there was a puddle underneath the thing when I put it back outside so we told him it melted already. He laughed and we made sure there weren't any more hidden surprises around the house.
100_4456.jpg

100_4599.jpg

100_4600.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back