Snail Things

minijo

Reaction score
I notices some little 'things' stuck to the side of the tank. They look like baby snails, but they have no shells. I did have some turbo snails in there about a yr ago, but they died and there is still one snail that lives in the sand, but it has a conical shell.

Today I came down in the middle of the night and saw a very large 'thing' (about an inch)on the glass at the front. It had what I can only describe as black spines (possibly dark red tips) on it's back though. It also had 3 other smaller 'things' with it. That made it a total of 5 that I could see this morning. I will get a picture of one of the tiny ones, as that stay out in a corner. Does anyone know what these may be...or where they could have come from? I do have a lot of live rock in there.

These are two of the smaller ones that I can see.

P291210_14210002.jpg

P291210_14220001.jpg

Difficult to tell but it kinda sounds and looks like stomatella snails. Google some pictures and a bunch will come up. They have a shell, it's just not as noticeable compared to other snails. Good hitchhikers to have if that's what they are :good:

I m not sure what they are called but I do have a bunch of them in my tank. They seem to do no harms.

Thank you! I think this is what they are, I got a close up when I did a water change today and they do have a small flat shell on the back.

Maybe it's because the picture is fuzzy, but the 2nd one looks more like a limpet to me?? Looks like the foot sits fully under the shell...but I guess I could be interpreting the pic incorrectly.

Most reactions

Back