Votes: 16 19.0%
  • I stopped for more than 3 months, but started again

Votes: 6 7.1%

• Total voters

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
I started smoking in 1966.... I know it is not good for me and I am thinking of giving up... currently on almost 3 packs of 20 per day.

Have you ever smoked and given up?... How did you do it?... Merely saying that it's "willpower" will not help me much. I enjoy smoking, so find it difficult to just put 'em down....

Give me a good way (not a reason) to stop smoking

i gave up on new year, when my missus said i could have a bigger tank. I used patches and gum and haven't looked back. I was smoking 20 a day, i smoke for 16 years and i found giving up smoking the easiest thing in the world! Tons easier than i ever imagined.

Do it Lud!

hi, i have never smoked and never will. i find it really annoying when people smoke near me. sometimes during lunch at school a load of kids come onto the field and start smoking near us, so we have to move. i don't think that people should be allowed to smoke in a public place at all.

quite a few people in my family smoked. all but one have died of smoking related illnesses, and the one who is still alive is dying of cancer because of smoking. i really don't see the point.

no offence to anyone who smokes.

as i've never smoked, i don't have any tips as to how to stop, but good look in quitting. :good:

Never smoked, never will. dont drink alcohol either, and doubt I will ever.

I find drunk people and people who smoke the most annoying people ever, to the point where I have to leave the room. Moreso on the drinking with that as people dont smoke in my house.

i dont smoke but if a mate lights up next to me im not really bothered as they blow it away from me but when people light up next to me who i dont know then blow it in my face that pisses me off :)

sorry got no tips on how to stop smoking

Ash

i smoke and enjoy it..
people saying when people smoke near me is revolting.. well then move..

i have moved from smoking in public buildings to outside along with thousends of others so dont ask me to move away from you when im smoking outside...

it has to work both ways

i smoke and enjoy it..

i have moved from smoking in public buildings to outside along with thousends of others so dont ask me to move away from you when im smoking outside...

it has to work both ways

No it doesn't, if you are going to poison yourself, its up to you to find the place to do so. Why should everyone else be forced to endure your smoke?

Obv when you are outside, its not that bad, aslong as you smoke properly and don't blow it at people.

i smoke and enjoy it..

it has to work both ways

Hardly, the other person isn't blowing poisonous gas in your face.

I agree with the idea of banning people smoking in their own homes too, especially if they have kids....

Going round a smokers house is revolting...

Banning people from smoking in their own homes???
Whilst I pay the mortgage on my house and the bills, there'd be no-one dictating to me what I can and can't do in my own home ;)

Never smoked, never will, mainly because I don't see the point, esp. when it's so expensive. However I don't really mind people smoking near me, never really bothered. Since no-one in my family smokes I'm not at high risk of second-hand smoke.

Plus, pubs were better with the smokey atmosphere.

i smoke and enjoy it..

it has to work both ways

if i stand next to someone who is smoking fair enough my fault and i dont mind willingly standing next to someone who is smoking if there is no where else to stand or outside pubs i dont mind standing there since everyone got barred from moking inside so thats the only place they can do it but if im standing at a tram stop (pretty dam big platform lol) then they come stand right next to me when no one is at the other end light up and blow it in my face yes that does pee me off and i think thats prety fair ot be peed off about lol

Ash

i smoke and enjoy it..

it has to work both ways

No it doesn't, if you are going to poison yourself, its up to you to find the place to do so. Why should everyone else be forced to endure your smoke?

Obv when you are outside, its not that bad, aslong as you smoke properly and don't blow it at people.

i smoke and enjoy it..

it has to work both ways

Hardly, the other person isn't blowing poisonous gas in your face.

I agree with the idea of banning people smoking in their own homes too, especially if they have kids....

Going round a smokers house is revolting...

well if thats the case people who drive are poisining you and therefor should they be made stop?
lighting a fire releases toxins..should they have to stop too?
there are so many examples of people releasing toxins into the atmosphere..

i agree with yous on smoking inside as i dont do it if theres a non smoker.. not even in my own house...

but smoking outside, yous have to respect that there was always smokers and always will be..

all it takes is 2 steps

i smoke and enjoy it..

it has to work both ways

if i stand next to someone who is smoking fair enough my fault and i dont mind willingly standing next to someone who is smoking if there is no where else to stand or outside pubs i dont mind standing there since everyone got barred from moking inside so thats the only place they can do it but if im standing at a tram stop (pretty dam big platform lol) then they come stand right next to me when no one is at the other end light up and blow it in my face yes that does pee me off and i think thats prety fair ot be peed off about lol

Ash

fair enough i agree, even as a smoker i dont like when people come and stand next to me(when i was there first) and blow it in my face

oh also i dont think they should have banned smoking in pubs its not the same without that big smoke cloud XD (only turned 18 in october but knew someone who owned a pub so used to go quite ofte not to drink though XD)

Ash

Woooooooooow! way to dig out the small minded folk among us who are all holier than thou!

I love it when the smoking debate starts, always drags out the anti alcohol chatter too. Ohh it's all so bad and smelly and disgusting! Yet we all have habits that affect each other, though the 'sheep' only choose to stick to "popular" issues.

Makes me laugh how obese people are usually the main ones against smoking and drinking with the strongest arguments and yet they are the biggest drain of public funding in the health services.

Anyway to the OP, I found patches to be very useful mentally and by time I got bored of those I used exercise as a replacement whenever I felt 'the need'.

Most reactions

Back