Small Tank

markao

New Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Points
0
For 7 years we have had a small tank called Galaxy 5.It was boughten from Wal-Mart.Over the years we have had fish and plants come and go.The tank has sat idol for about a year and half now.The last fish was a male Betta.The tank is 5.5 gal in capacity.It has gravel substrate and no plants.It has the Bio-wheel filtration system and a 5w Agua-Glo light tube in the hood.The only inhabitent right now is a Amano Shrimp that has been in the tank for 4 yrs.

I recently have bean normal water changes,1/4 every two weeks.I am looking for suggestions on plants and fish.I do have a few ideas.Right now we are on a tight budget so things will take time to get going.I am looking to plant it first.

I have considered Java Fern,Crypts,Anubius,Baby Tears and Java Moss for plants.I was looking at putting the Java Fern in back of the tank.I do ahve rocks and a pick of driftwood in the tank already.I do not want to planyt the java fern on th4e drift wood but would rather tie it to flat rocks I have in the tank.

Later for Fish I was looking at adding either Endlers,Pygmy Rasboras or maybe another Betta.

I would like to hear any and all suggestions.

Thank You
Markao
Sacramento,Ca USA
 
Fish you want sound fine to me just not all of them together,

either

1 betta
or
10 endlers
or
10 pygmy rasboras

With low light it's better to start off with plant's like java fern and java moss they are very hardy plants and grow readily in almost anything. Plant fertz would be a good idea but i'm not sure on those as i use root tabs.
 
I'm not sure you'd fit 10 endlers in... maybe 6-8. Or buy 1 male 2 female and breed them
 
I'm not sure you'd fit 10 endlers in... maybe 6-8. Or buy 1 male 2 female and breed them

I will only put 5 of the Endlers or the Pygmy Rasboras.I really don't want to get into breeding any of them.Maybe later.

Thanks for the replies so far.

Markao
Sacramento,Ca USA
 

Most reactions

Back
Top