Small macrodus spechti

thuctoanvietnamese

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
77318893_236233614024466_8793935299357966336_o.jpg

I bought it in a local store.there are some bigger than this one but they are more brutal,too

Back in the fold

Fish Herder
Reaction score
OH ! So that must be the Black Paradise Fish. I have heard of them. The Latin name threw me. You should get more and maybe breed them. If I am not mistaken they are a cooler water species. All of the Paradise Fish are generally overlooked in the hobby. In the USA they were one of the first fish ever to come into the hobby a hundred years ago. I had Blue Paradise at one time and I loved them. They have a very stately bearing. @Jan Cavalieri posted once that she had a Paradise Gourami but it's a Paradise FISH ! Maybe they are becoming popular again and they should. I saw an original wild type red Paradise in a store a couple weeks ago. I should have got him.

OP
thuctoanvietnamese

thuctoanvietnamese

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
OH ! So that must be the Black Paradise Fish. I have heard of them. The Latin name threw me. You should get more and maybe breed them. If I am not mistaken they are a cooler water species. All of the Paradise Fish are generally overlooked in the hobby. In the USA they were one of the first fish ever to come into the hobby a hundred years ago. I had Blue Paradise at one time and I loved them. They have a very stately bearing. @Jan Cavalieri posted once that she had a Paradise Gourami but it's a Paradise FISH ! Maybe they are becoming popular again and they should. I saw an original wild type red Paradise in a store a couple weeks ago. I should have got him.
Yes,they're black paradise fish.
I want to breed them too,but I don't have any female big enought to breed

Back in the fold

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Yes,they're black paradise fish.
I want to breed them too,but I don't have any female big enought to breed
Then you have your work ahead of you. Fatten up a nice female. Talking about Paradise Fish got me excited and I looked them up at Seriously Fish. They are a cooler water species and range from southern China through the Korean Peninsula and central Vietnam. They first came into the aquarium hobby in France in 1869. A very nice fish that deserves more attention from hobbyists. It's old name was Macropodus concolor , that's why I didn't recognize spechti.

Velatelen

Reaction score
How has the process gone so far? The first fish I ever had was a paradise. Have a special place and all that

Most reactions