Slight Problem

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Blubble37

Ohai dere c:
Reaction score
My dad likes to keep the house cold to save energy which it doesn't, it just means damp and more energy to heat it up

It's about 11C in here, and my tank is struggling to keep it's head above 23 with both the heaters on. My main concern is that the heaters could burn out from prolonged use or the rapid decrease in temp will harm le fishies

Any advice welcome

~R

My only suggestion is to invest in an inline heater. But for the immediate, how about wrapping the tank in a blanket and making sure the top is covered to minimize heat loss?

Top's covered, dad just takes the blankets away and complains I'm trying to kill the plants and cutting the light off, inline heater, um, I'll look when I get home, but I have 150 watts anyway, I have a feeling that because the house is so damp (+90%) it sucks all the heat out and it's quite literally just gone out the front door ;~; I've taken the aeration down a little and almost shut the venturi off so the water warmth doesn't go into the air, even if it is a tiny amount, it'll help I guess

The top of the tank is covered with matting anyway and the light+transforrmer put out a fair bit of heat, only way that can go is down as the exits are all sealed off

~R

Erm, how would blankets kill the plants if you have a light on the tank? 
blink.png

My guess is as good as yours *confused face* he regularly makes no sense at all c:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back