Skulls And Bones For Decoration?

Mikaila31

Always Watching
Joined
Aug 29, 2005
Messages
3,290
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Hudson, Wisconsin USA
Can you use skulls and bones for decorating a tank?

We have a small collection of stuff we found in the woods around our house, most is from deer. Some of it was bleached a couple years ago when we first found it, would it be ok to put in a tank if it was soaked in dechlorinator or something. I don't want to dump a ton of skulls in my tank, cuz that would just look creepy :lol: . But I was thinking it might look cool if I try to grow some plants on one and modify it into a cave.
 
Hmm, well this is my personal opinion but I would only use decoration that is MADE for tanks. Who know if it could leak a toxin into the water.
 
Can you use skulls and bones for decorating a tank?
Yep, first you have to find someone walking down a dark alley. Then you sneak up behind them and .....

What do you mean I'm not allowed to say that? Well how am I meant to tell them how to get a skull for their fishy tank? Oh, they already have a skull. Cool. So how did Mikaila kill the person whose head she wants to use as a tank decoration?
It's a deer head. Oh fine. God I can't have any fun these days. No beheadings, no mutilations, can't even talk about killing fish. How boring. I'm going back to bed.

Probably best not to put bodies in the tank. The cops could get upset :)
 
Can you use skulls and bones for decorating a tank?
Yep, first you have to find someone walking down a dark alley. Then you sneak up behind them and .....

What do you mean I'm not allowed to say that? Well how am I meant to tell them how to get a skull for their fishy tank? Oh, they already have a skull. Cool. So how did Mikaila kill the person whose head she wants to use as a tank decoration?
It's a deer head. Oh fine. God I can't have any fun these days. No beheadings, no mutilations, can't even talk about killing fish. How boring. I'm going back to bed.

Probably best not to put bodies in the tank. The cops could get upset :)
:rofl: :rofl: Nice Colin. You saying its weird that I bring home all the bones I find in the woods?

This thread is just me thinking out loud, I didn't think it would work. But I still think a deer skull w/ antlers covered in mosses so it was all green and fluffy would look cool. Kinda like a DIY Chia pet :lol: .
 
Just get decorative ones from the lfs, I think if you leave real bones in water they disintegrate which may destroy all your fish.
 
I wonder if the break down of calcium would affect the PH?
If you can't use them in an aquarium, do it in a terrarium.
You could still get mosses to grow on the antlers. It still has antlers? That's pretty neat, the squirrels usually eat those first lol.
 
You could always get an aquarium safe resin and coat the bones, solves your leaching problems. After all, most "aquarium-safe" decor is made of poly-resin.
 
hey dthoffsett

re: your profile pic, is that a cat in a hat or a rabbit? Looks like a funny white rabbit :)
 
hey dthoffsett

re: your profile pic, is that a cat in a hat or a rabbit? Looks like a funny white rabbit :)


It's a cat, I'm doing a theme this year, I find a pic of a cat in a costume for every holiday. Sad, I know.
 
Thanks for the laugh guys..
this thread was thoroughly entertaining.
I love sitting at my computer with a cup of coffee and a cigarette at 3:15 in the morning reading this stuff.
:hyper:

ps. colin_t..you are one funny 'dude'!
 
It's a cat, I'm doing a theme this year, I find a pic of a cat in a costume for every holiday. Sad, I know.
LOL
sad but funny :)
hmm cat in the hat now, what holiday is next?

I don't know, what's after easter? I'm sure there has to be some holiday before the 4th of July.
 
This thread made me smile ... remember you can't hit them in the head with a lead pipe if you want an intact skull. And lol on the kitty torture.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top