Size Of Tank For 3 Adult Oscars

tibby25731

Fish Herder
Joined
Jan 13, 2008
Messages
1,766
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Manchester, England
Looks like I may be getting a new tank very soon, am going to look at one that is 4 ft with a 2ft tank underneath! Thing is, the seller is including 3 oscars with it and I don't think the oscars will get along with my other fish (2 kribs, 1 common plec, 6 guppies, 3 neon tetras). I guess I can keep them in the 4ft and look for a new home for them but I was wondering (and excuse me, I am not sure how big they are etc) but would they be able to live in the 2ft tank, as then I may consider keeping them? Or do I need to just find them a new home ASAP?
 
3 oscars in a 2ft tank, no. they need about 75us gallons each. very messy fish

You could keep 1 Oscar for life in a 55 USG tank. If your 4ft is this size (would need to be higher and deeper than normal) then you could perhaps keep one of them. Sounds like the best thing may be to find them a new home.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top