Simon's Planted Tank Journal

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Thats cool and freebies are always good :thumbs: whats their website? I take it you use a LARGE cylinder of CO2? :lol:

Cool new gadgets Simon, and free is always good! Do you have an updated full tank shot?

llj :)

As requested lljdma06 :)

I've trimmed the grasses and sword, and replanted some of the stem plants at the back.
I'm extending my riccia a little, while i wait for the HC to grow, then i can start the long process of swapping over.

I got an email today from birchall garden center my HM has been dispatched so with any luck i should receive it tomorrow :) bye bye grass :)

Ooooo! been spending some more money, got two two diffusers from AE I'm hoping they come tomorrow, fingers crossed., i was thinking about buying one of his lilly pipes for the filter outlet but i chickened out :lol:

I wasn't sure if i could justify it or want to spent the money, because i have plans for a 200ltr planted tank.
I have bow front tank which i was going to use, but its a bit scratched, so i might just buy a new one and start from scratch.
My budget might stretch to a few ADA products, a pollon diffuser, and possibly the Amazonian substrate, but that's about it, the rest is going to be DIY and another step by step journal god forbid :lol:

Anyway less of the wittering and here;s the pic.

planted_tank_25th_may_06_framed002.jpg

TBH mate its looking a bit messy in there! ;) I take it youre not looking after the grass that much if you're changing it over!

Yeh think thats what I was getting at :) does give you an excuse to start all over again thou! :D

Echinodorus angustifolius and tenellus are one of them plants that can really get out of hand and quick.
Even after pulling it out, if one platelet is missed its back, running around the tank like a child on redbull.

Looking good Simon. I'm not feeling that left hand stringy plant reaching the surface though - far too distracting for my taste.

Great to hear of another potential ADA product candidate too.

Oh want you going to do with it? I'd happily offer it a home. Well so long as it doesnt need an EI tank it'd be a tad tall for my nano :lol: so would go in my main, non-plant based fish tank?

Thanks for the update Simon. Can't wait to see the new layout. Too bad about the mystery plant, but I think it'll be going to a nice new home. Did you ever figure out what it was? Last person who guessed guessed aponogeton? Did you settle on that?

llj :D

Thanks for the update Simon. Can't wait to see the new layout. Too bad about the mystery plant, but I think it'll be going to a nice new home. Did you ever figure out what it was? Last person who guessed guessed ? Did you settle on that?

llj :D

Yes, did a Google image search and it was spot on, aponogeton natna.

Was just wondering how you attach the CO2 'splitter' to the cylinder? The connector seems to have a male attachment and I thouht pub cylinders need a female connector? Or are you using a hose between the splitter and the cylinder? I take it too that the thing on the bcak is a solenoid?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back