The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

RCA

Fish Herder
Reaction score
OK, so I have a confession, I got fed up of the animated snail taking off all the time in TallTree01's signature that I hit the X and disabled it.  However, I cannot see anyway of turning a signature back on once this has been done - is this possible at all?  After all sometimes you may do something like this but then when things are calmer (more sensible) you may wish to reinstate it :)

Waits for the comeback and *hides* ...

If anyone has any probs with me or my snails pm me. I'll fix it for ya. I thought the snail was cute.... :/

I didn't realise that could be done! I'll go and have a look!

Well I never knew that! Thanks Prairie - guess I'm lazy and haven't explored the options more!

PrairieSunflower said:
Yes, ignore preferences in your account settings.
Wow, thanks, I had done a search in the Forum and nothing came up to assist.  That is a neat feature when you know it is there ;)

TallTree01 said:
If anyone has any probs with me or my snails pm me. I'll fix it for ya. I thought the snail was cute....
confused.gif
Sorry did not mean to offend you at all TT, it was OK to start with but as I am a strong visual person it detracted from me trying to read your posts, which I like to do from time to time 
friends.gif

Yeah, I discovered it by mistake one day... and I admit... I've gone around blocking the majority of large signatures.

I agree that some images are too large like mine. Might have to look at reducing the size people can use.

It's one of those new shiny features that crept in on one of the recent updates.

techen said:
I agree that some images are too large like mine. Might have to look at reducing the size people can use.
It is a difficult one this as I am sure my image maybe too large for some, however, I often use it to quote certain fish within it so it needs to be a certain size to see it.  I also like some of the signatures with the tanks or fish people have.  I just find animation frustrating when trying to read something, a bit like adverts that are flashing all the time.  If a site does this I just close it.

To be honest, I'm not at all a fan of the current image size settings. I've been considering reducing the allowed size to a more banner-style size. But since it's clear folks love their signatures I haven't done it quite  yet. There has to be a more reasonable size out there...one that can take up less screen real estate but still serve the member. Something that is wide but not tall would be nice. 

In web design screen real estate (that's the term) is valuable and using it up makes it harder for people to find the information they are looking for. This is something I've been working out in my mind for a few months now. It's a balance between giving members what they want and helping the forum be more useful to people.

@ RCA - having your TOTM win in your sig may come across to some as braggy..... :whistle:

TallTree01 said:
@ RCA - having your TOTM win in your sig may come across to some as braggy..... :whistle:
Or it may not.

Usually winners get a logo to add under their profile pic, RCA just hasn't been given hers yet. Anyway, what's wrong with braggy! She won the vote!

Well...actually...those logos are going away soon and winners will be given a special graphic to put into their signature. Why is a long boring story having to do with site security...I'm working on the new graphics for contest winners now.

So my badge of honor for Fish of the Month won't around any more?  Wow, what a bummer bro, say it isn't so...........
no.gif

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back