The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Wills

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Just had a little trip around a couple of local shops and saw a tank of Sicyopterus longifilis. I've not come across these before but they look to be an interesting fish and really beautiful. And in good news for a couple of us here with hard water from the little available info on them they are good in 15-18 degrees hardness.

Has anyone come across them before?

Wills

Is that a goby?

The name rings a familiar bell somewhere at back of my head!

I'm pretty sure it is actually and I love gobies though I've never kept any before at all.

This is one reason why I am setting up a SW tank as I would like a blenny which have similar charateristics to gobies but of course are completely different species.

Am going to need to google Sicyopterus longifilis to be honest.....

Yep, Threadfin Goby, I kind of just about knew it.

The only reason I kind of remember those as because I had threadfin rainbowfish in the past and thought it would be cool to have another different specie with same common threadfin name but obviously water hardness is different for the two species as well as the fact finding these gobies are hard in certain areas of UK hence why I never kept thse, lovely little fellows actually.

Just had a little trip around a couple of local shops and saw a tank of Sicyopterus longifilis. I've not come across these before but they look to be an interesting fish and really beautiful. And in good news for a couple of us here with hard water from the little available info on them they are good in 15-18 degrees hardness.

Has anyone come across them before?

Wills
Another one for the hard water list.

I really want Gobies in my tank but I cant find the right mix of size and hardness :/ if I could find a mini version of this one I'd be over the moon! Really want a nice Stiphodon species but im a few degrees out... though some profiles say I'm ok but I cant find any data to back up either side.

I feel lime a hard water stock mega thread is coming pinned post for everyone to find :wub:

I've come across them before, but didn't end up getting them. Like Stiphodon, high flow and oxygen levels would be needed for these gobies. Not something I can replicate at the moment.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back