Sick Tiger Barb T_t

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

kpris

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So as i was looking into my tank this morning i noticed that one of the barbs had a swollen stomach. I can actually see a line of red near the back of the "bulge" as if something has almost ripped inside him. Behaviourly he seems perfectly fine. He's eating, swimming around etc...
There is one tiger barb that is being a little aggressive but he takes it out on everyone... not sure if that'll help.
All other fish seem perfectly fine as well and besides that bully one they're all leaving him alone.
What should i do?
Any idea what it could be?
Is it serious? T_T

Is the red line beneath the skin like internal bleeding.
The red line is it small dots that join up.
What do you feed your fish.
Have you noticed the aggressive barb head butting the fish in the tummy area.

Yes it's internal bleeding. It's not small dots it's definitely just a line.
I feed it a mixture of flake/pellets and the occasional bloodworm
and yea... it has been butting the fish a little. Mostly just chasing it, following the tail though

I would issolate the fish to a container at the top of the tank.
Can't do anything for internal bleeding i'm afraid.
The fish diet to high in protein need a more varied diet of brimestrimp, daphnia good at digesting the fish food.
Also veg.
Cook frozen peas for a few minutes, let cool down, pop out of shell, mush between fingers into small bits and add to the tank.
Dropsy can cause internal bleeding.
http://www.fishjunkies.com/Diseases/dropsy.php

=(
Can i do anything to ease the bloated stomach? It doesn't seem to be all that related to the cut though. It seems more like the bloated stomach stretched and caused the cut?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back