Sick Silver Dollar!!! (EMERGENCY!!)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

MrFishMan

Reaction score
The Silver dollar fish is my favorite one his name is lucky and I think he may have dropsy. He cannot keep his balance in the water and floats to the bottom. I believe he has popeye as well. My water parameters are unknown, but I was just on vacation and had a feeding block. (Please no advice on vacation feeding strategies) He is in a 5 gallon hospital tank floating on his side not doing so well. Is this dropsy

If it was dropsy, you should see the scales sticking out, making the fish look like a pinecone.

How big is the fish? If your hospital tank doesn't have a cycled filter, the fish could be worse off in there than in the main tank.

Can you post a photo?

Dropsy would have scales sticking out and in developed cases the fish's entire body will often become bloated and even its eyes will seem to be enlarged and bulging. Photos will help tremendously in determining if it's dropsy.

Judging from your description of the fish's behavior and the time you posted though I feel like it might already be too late.

Sorry about late reply, but it seems to have kind of cleared up. His eyes are still bulging and it looks like there is water under his scales. And yes his 5 gallons is cycled and he's 2 inches, just a young dollar.

His scales are now pineconing ****! How do I treat for dropsy

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back