FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

garycooper34

Reaction score
Hi,

When I woke up this morning, one of my Pipefish (banded) appeared to be dead - it had arched its body about 4cm above the sand with either end just dug into the sand.

I isolated it this morning for about an hour and it did pick up a bit and was swimming again, so I put it back in the tank and have been monitoring it. In this time it returned to before just laying on the bottom of the tank. I have once again caught it and this time put it in my quarantine tank along with some live food.

Normally it swims around with the other pipefish all day. All my water parameters are normal and last pwc (30%) was 4 days ago. I keep my salinity at 1.024. All the other fish seem healthy and normal.

The only thing that I have done in the last day is add some more live rock to the tank being careful not to hit any fish or make sudden movements. This may have stressed it out a little but I was careful to not disturb any of the fish?

Any help or tips to save this guy would be great.

Thanks,
Gary

Pipefish do stress easily which can lead to disease.

I recommend you keep him in the hospital tank feeding him live food until he recovers. The addition of live rock can cause several issues with the tank depending on the rock. If the rock has not been fully cured then it can cause an increase in ammonia in the tank. Fish will react to this differently depending on how healthy they are to begin with.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back