Sick Kitty

alitheia_agapi

Reaction score
Hi there, maybe someone could give me some advice. I picked up a stray kitty last Thursday and took her to the vet. She was extremely emaciated and dehydrated, but she got her feline leukemia/AIDS test (neg.) and a rabies shot. I took her home and she spent Friday-Saturday night with a fever, not eating or drinking. Now she seems to be perking up. But one of her eyes looks really cloudy, do cats get cataracts?

Thanks!

yes, cats can get cataracts. though this may be something else. take her back to the vet for another quick checkup

Yes, I'm going to. She also has some cat litter embedded in her paw pad, so I need to take her anyway. I was hoping that if anyone knew of a disease that caused that, you might give me some home remedies. I'm just a college student, and I've spent more than I can afford on her.

I adopted a cat from the pound and usually when they are stray or at the pound, they have something called Upper respiratory Infection, (i believe thats the name), and it can cause cloudyness in the eye and lead to blindness. They will prescribe drops that are VERY effective and almost completely healed my little cat's eye. She still had a tiny spot that reflected off camera flashes as a white orb thing, but she could see well enough through it, and her other eye was uneffected.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back