Sick betta - running out of things to try

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Yeah I looked at that site. I donā€™t know if Iā€™m dumb or what but I canā€™t figure out how to actually purchase it. It doesnā€™t give an option to add it to your cart. Oh well, i found the kanaplex at a pet store here. I can order the furan 2 to be here Monday with prime. Should I wait till I get that and start both at the same time? Iā€™ve been doing the erythromycin

I feel bad putting him down. I feel like if heā€™s not giving up I canā€™t either

Yeah I looked at that site. I donā€™t know if Iā€™m dumb or what but I canā€™t figure out how to actually purchase it. It doesnā€™t give an option to add it to your cart. Oh well, i found the kanaplex at a pet store here. I can order the furan 2 to be here Monday with prime. Should I wait till I get that and start both at the same time? Iā€™ve been doing the erythromycin
Are you done with the erythromycin? If so, let him rest for a couple if days with just salt and clean water.

Iā€™ve done 3/4 doses but idk if itā€™s done anything... heā€™s not hyperventilating as much but still just laying on the bottom on his side.

Iā€™ve done 3/4 doses but idk if itā€™s done anything... heā€™s not hyperventilating as much but still just laying on the bottom on his side.
Heā€™s worn out. You may want to lower his water level so he doesnā€™t have to swim so far to get air.

Yeah thatā€™s why I have him in a cup flipped on the side strung up by a net haha, so that the ammonia level doesnā€™t build up with the water level being so low but he can be up higher and not have to swim up so far for air. If that makes sense

What is the salt dose per gallon recommended? I need to try that for my still ailing betta.

What is the salt dose per gallon recommended? I need to try that for my still ailing betta.
Normal dose is 1 tablespoon for every 5 gallons if water. If you do a water change then replace what you remove. 50% water change would be 1/2 tablespoon of salt replaced as salt doesnā€™t dissipate.

sorry this is not directly related but you seem to know a lot about fish. I got some plants yesterday from the pet store. Any idea what these are? (Right in the middle, they are the size of a mosquito larvae) And what do I do to quarantine the plants?

Attachments

• C94C585B-59F1-402F-8EB9-0979BDC4C5B8.jpeg
    C94C585B-59F1-402F-8EB9-0979BDC4C5B8.jpeg
    75.8 KB · Views: 65
Hereā€™s a better picture

Attachments

• 98837360-4387-4520-B9FD-52D898335949.jpeg
    98837360-4387-4520-B9FD-52D898335949.jpeg
    57.8 KB · Views: 58
Finish the treatment. I canā€™t believe heā€™s still hanging in there. Heā€™s one tough fighter! I feel so bad for him. Can we get another pic?

Iā€™m not home right now but I can send a pic tonight. He looks exactly he same though

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back