ammonia: 
nitrite:
3.0 ppm
nitrate: 10 pp,
kH:
gH:
tank temp:
75 degrees F

Fish Symptoms (include full description including lesion, color, location, fish behavior):

ADF
He is not swimming at all. He just floats at the top of the tank. He was a pretty chill frog before this, but in the last day of so i have noticed a big change. He's basically just hanging out on my heater suction cup with out moving. I'm pretty sure he stayed there all night. When i woke up with morning. i was almost sure he was dead. i got out my smaller fish bowl to move him too, and he didnt even make an attempt to swim away from the net. He is still alive, but acting funny.

BETTA
Sparkles has aways been one of the most chill betta fishes I've  ever seen. He was a very very active fish in his tank and loved to swim around and look for food. lately, he been hanging out a lot toward the bottom, or in the leaves of the trees. 

both the ADF and the betta still look normal in coloration, and from what i can tell their eyes look normal as well.

Volume and Frequency of water changes: 

i usually do a 25%-50% water change weekly.

Chemical Additives or Media in your tank:

I use stress coat by API to make the water safe for fish and Stress Zyme once a week in the aquarium.

Tank inhabitants:

the frog, betta, and two mystery snails are all that live in the tank. 

Recent additions to your tank (living or decoration):
I've had this tanks set up for over a month.
the snails were the most recent living addition, and that was at least 3 if not 4 weeks ago.
i added some plastic plants from walmart to get the frog somewhere to hid in about 2.5 weeks ago.

Exposure to chemicals:
none to my knowledge

Digital photo (include if possible): 

i can't take a photo right now, but if it is needed i will post a pic as soon as i can.
  •  

"I've had this tanks set up for over a month."

How did you cycle the tank? I suspect the tank hasn't been cycled, and has poisoned your fish.

Agreed. Especially because you didn't list your ammonia reading, which would have been a big help. Give the tank a big water change - 100% even, and then put the animals back in. Do a 25% water change every other day or so for at least a week, clean water is the best cure in this case, as it's dirty water that got you into this.

(It's not that you weren't cleaning enough, but your filter, assuming you have one, hasn't had time to build up the bacteria colonies required to process the fish by-products yet.) Go to the beginner section and have a read up on cycling :) 

Also if I'm not mistaken you have a Nitrite spike, that reading should be 0.0. Another reason to do a water change ASAP.

3 gallon is very, very small, about 13L?  Is it a bowl or a tank and is there a filter in there? Agree with the above replies, that nitrite should be 0. I would be doing more water changes to be on the safe side. 

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back