Siamese Algae Eater

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

steve...c

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
just thought id share this vid of my false siamese algea eater, his great and if your thinking of getting one im sure this will make your mind up, check him out cleaning my plants,pots and colobus such a hard worker, he was sold to me as a SAE but even tho i found out he isnt one, i wouldnt change him for a real SAE he even looks better. :good:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHJTooSfL-w

i remember when my SAE's were like that..... enjoy it while it lasts! as soon as it grows a bit and they get used to the food you put in for the others algae isnt on their minds :angry:

i remember when my SAE's were like that..... enjoy it while it lasts! as soon as it grows a bit and they get used to the food you put in for the others algae isnt on their minds :angry:

i herd that before, but i feed the others when his busy and very small amounts, its all gone before he relizes it :lol: so keeping it that way while the aglae is a problem, his been in my tank 3 weeks now and he hasnt stopped so far so good.

i think i saw a plant weight on one of ur plants? if so u should remove them as after the plant settles in theyre useless and could possibly restrict their growth

u could keep the weight if u wanted under ur tank in ur cabinet and use it to weigh down vegetables should u ever feed them. just stab the weight (most of them are actually just solder, like u would use in electronics) through the flesh of the vegetable eg. zucchini or cucumber. this will save u from wasting money on whats called a "screwcumber" that serves an identical purpose

i think i saw a plant weight on one of ur plants? if so u should remove them as after the plant settles in theyre useless and could possibly restrict their growth

u could keep the weight if u wanted under ur tank in ur cabinet and use it to weigh down vegetables should u ever feed them. just stab the weight (most of them are actually just solder, like u would use in electronics) through the flesh of the vegetable eg. zucchini or cucumber. this will save u from wasting money on whats called a "screwcumber" that serves an identical purpose

oh thats not what i wanted to here, as my tank is fully planted now and they all have the weights still on. thats gona be a job and a half. but thanks for the info :good: thats a job for tomorrow!!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back