shy apple snails

bettaboi

Fishaholic
Reaction score
my apple /mystry snails wont come out of their shells tey have beenin the same spot all day could it be that they are full and resting or should i be worried

then tend to be more active at night, also if you have any agressive fish then they wont be too keen to come out, also the higher the temp the more active they are, if they are in cold water they will be slow and sluggish. di

should be a prob, do you feed them plec waffers, and other stuff for bottom feeders, dont forget they are slow so your fry may well eat all the grub before they get a chance, cucumber is a firm fav too. di

In addition to the above, they are very sensitive to water quality. Lots of inactive or floating snails may mean that there is ammonia present in your water. Test for it.

My snails are busy bodies, but if the filter starts to clog, they become statues, thats when I know to clean the filter.

Jon

I think that apple snails go into semi hybernation if there isn't enough food, maybe they are just sleeping, mine stay in the same spot all day sometimes but nothing is wrong with them. If they don't move after 48 hours they might be dead, if they are tight in there shell this won't be the case, if they are hanging out slightly take it out of the water and gently pull on their little door, if the snail is dead then it will just fall out of its shell, if alive it might pull back in or do nothing.

I hope this helps, i'm rushing this a bit so good luck! :thumbs:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back