Shrimp Safe List

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

DerpPH

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I just wanted to make a list for shrimp safe fish just incase someone wants to start a planted shrimp and fish tank
Fell free to suggest

So here is the list:

Cardinal tetra
Neon tetra
Ottocinclus
Guppy
Boraras merah
Boraras maculatus
Rummy nose tetra
Corydoras
Farlowella
Green neon tetra
Pristella tetra

This is a great idea. Very useful list thanks! Should maybe get this pinned.

Endler's livebearers?

Thanks for this
yahoo.gif
I've been looking for this kind of list :D

This is actually going to end up a fairly extensive list.  It might actually be easier to make a list of fish that aren't shrimp safe.

Do you guys take into consideration shrimpletts/baby shrimp?

Do you consider fry eating when recommending stocking a fish tank with fish?  

eaglesaquarium said:
Do you consider fry eating when recommending stocking a fish tank with fish?  

Yes, if I am stocking my tank and I want to breed any of them.
Shrimp are short lived, so one may prefer if they multiply and replenish their numbers, rather than buying new ones each time they die. Shrimp will also hide if they feel threatened and are harassed, although many fish can't eat them at adult size.
Plus, for most tanks to actually truly benefit from the shrimp population as an algae/detritus cleaner, then you'd need quite a lot. If you've got the money to buy that size of bunch, then that's different.

I think any fish that does not exceed 3-4 cm. They may be some exception that can be small but eat shrimp like dwarf catfish.Also some fish like the Corydoras,
Farlowella grow bigger than 4 cm are safe. Depends on the temperate of the fish .so any tetra, rasbora, guppy type fish that do not exceed 3-4 cm should be ok. I have kept fish of this size and cories with shrimp and the shrimp were not harm.(in a few weeks the tank was coated in shrimplets that grew up, they where not eaten)

Well I have some surprising additions Borneo Suckers ( these are in with shrimp that are smaller than full grown cherry shrimp), Khuli loaches, Spotted Blue Eyes and Threadfin Rainbow fish

Shrimps don't feel very safe around tetras.

Maybe this should be a list in which shrimpletes will be safe and hang out all over the place without hiding.

eaglesaquarium said:
This is actually going to end up a fairly extensive list.  It might actually be easier to make a list of fish that aren't shrimp safe.
+1

Shrimpelets tend to come out alot more when they are with no fish in the tank with them. Well they could be kept with small fish like ember tetra , galaxy rasbora...

Can they be kept with a zebra panaque/pleco?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back