Showing off my male guppy

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Darya

Reaction score
I just wanted to show off my male guppy from my 6-month-old litter! So many pretty colors:hyper: He has been in a group with my Moscow black females for some weeks now.. hoping for some cool-looking fry soon:fish:

PS: I sold all my black Moscow males from my last post! There were so many people interested in buying them! I'm hoping to sell more in the futured:D

He was so fast, I almost thought I couldn't get any good pictures of him! What do you guys think?
1666712637237.png

1666712704671.png

1666712779138.png

1666712838973.png

1666712750156.png

1666712865701.png

Handsome boy.
Must be satisfying when you get a looker from your own breeding.

He's a magenta roundtail guppy. I also see a slight snakeskin pattern on his chest on both sides. If he would be crossed to moscow females, the body of the male offspring could darken for in moscow guppies, it's the female that carries the dominant moscow trait and not the males. For if you'd cross a moscow male to a non moscow female, the male offspring will only show dark coloration on the front part of the body. This is the way how they create metalheads.
But I also have to say that magenta is a dominant trait that can be carried by both male and female. Don't be surprised that both male and female offspring can have a magenta saddle once they've colored up.

He's a magenta roundtail guppy. I also see a slight snakeskin pattern on his chest on both sides. If he would be crossed to moscow females, the body of the male offspring could darken for in moscow guppies, it's the female that carries the dominant moscow trait and not the males. For if you'd cross a moscow male to a non moscow female, the male offspring will only show dark coloration on the front part of the body. This is the way how they create metalheads.
But I also have to say that magenta is a dominant trait that can be carried by both male and female. Don't be surprised that both male and female offspring can have a magenta saddle once they've colored up.
Oh, wow! :wizard: Thank you for informing me of this! I totally agree! There is a big chance the offspring will have a darker coloration because he himself is a spawn of a Moscow black female and magenta male!

OMG he is so pretty! I have a male yellow delta guppy or something along the lines of that! He in hanging out with his danio friends right now :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back