What's new

Show me your aqua babies (betta photos)!

Sylvan

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Ohhh I love that even more!! So funny how everyone comes up with their aqua baby's names :) Salvador had no name for about two weeks when I first bought him. I couldn't think of one but one day when I was watching him it just 'clicked' - it depends on their personalities!

Love it!
Pisces was the same, I called him Fish for a few weeks until my sister named him Pisces and it's stuck so now all 3 Bettas have water mythology related names.

OP
B

BetterWithBettas

Fish Fanatic
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
Pisces was the same, I called him Fish for a few weeks until my sister named him Pisces and it's stuck so now all 3 Bettas have water mythology related names.
I feel like your names are a winning combo! Everyone always says my name's are too 'human' but I think they have all suited their names well. If you get a fourth Betta, would you continue the theme?!

Sylvan

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I think Bettas suit human names as they have so much personality. I did have 2 others called Aquarius and Poseidon (He's the white one in my profile photo) but I lost them to a nasty ich outbreak and a really nasty secondary fungal infection so those names might get recycled at some point.

Deanasue

Staff member
Global Moderator
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
Ohhh I love that even more!! So funny how everyone comes up with their aqua baby's names :) Salvador had no name for about two weeks when I first bought him. I couldn't think of one but one day when I was watching him it just 'clicked' - it depends on their personalities!

Love it!
I like that name. It has to fit them. Still not sure about Halo. He has a blue halo but he’s a guy. When I first rescued him he had fin rot so bad that he only had a stump tail so I called him Stump. He deserves a better name since he worked so hard to survive. Dead on last fish, guys?

essjay

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
This is my current betta. The photo was taken just after I got him; it's a bit blurry because he wouldn't keep still. The small split in his tail from the shop has completely healed now.

I don't give my betta's names; every betta I've ever had, one at a time, has been known as Mr Fish.

Betta.jpg

OP
B

BetterWithBettas

Fish Fanatic
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
I just love the first betta, Elvis :wub: love them all though :) this is my current boy Merlin just a regular veiltail, I should really call him Nemo as he has a deformed ventral fin!
Yes! Elvis has been my favourite betta so far (also due to his personality though too!)
Aww Merlin is adorable!!! I love his colours. I sometimes think that too, that I should/could have called mine names that suited them just as much as the name I chose. I.e. Arlo (the blue and white plakat) I could have called him Sonic due to his colours - his/ Merlin's white and blue colour combo is actually my favourite generally speaking! :)